Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas Past and Present

Christmas 2005, Madeleine's 1st Christmas was spent in the Orem Condo. We had just moved from the yucky Provo house that I'm sure all who visited will remember. This year was especially fun because Grandma Laurel and Grandpa Jerry were visiting!
I couldn't resist posting this one of Madeleine playing with her Christmas toys that year in her diaper. Look at those rolls!
Christmas 2006. Madeleine's 2nd Christmas was spent in that same Orem Condo. I wish I'd have kept that sleigh.
She opened the blocks first and really we could've stopped there because she loved them and didn't want to open anything else. We sure do miss our kitty, Cleo. She is the best cat in the world.
Christmas 2007. Our next Christmas was spent in our Loa Apartment and it was Anna's 1st Christmas, Madeleine's 3rd. I don't miss those stairs! We cut our tree down at Fish Lake that year and I hope I'll always remember sliding down the mountain with our tree, children, and saw!
These girls have a great time with pretend play. Madeleine was afraid to come downstairs because she thought Santa would be waiting to watch her open her presents.
Christmas 2008. This Christmas was spent in the Loa "Pink" House. Everyone in town calls our new residence the "Pink House" because although no longer pink, it was for many years.
We had a new addition to our family this Christmas. Madeleine is really into the Elf movie, so she named him Buddy after the main character of that show. I hope our Uncle Buddy is not offended!
Madeleine and Annaleise spent the day playing princess birthday/tea party. Again this year, Madeleine was afraid to come out to see what Santa brought until we assured her that Santa had left to take other kids their presents.
Henry's first Christmas was spent cuddling his presents and watching his silly sisters.
Michael spent a lot of time decorating the living room and it looked great, so I thought I'd share.

We moved ten days before Christmas this year and so we didn't get decorations up until the night before Christmas Eve. When I went to post pictures of this Christmas, I browsed back through Christmas Past and decided it might be fun to take a trip down memory lane. 3 out of 4 of Madeleine's Christmases have been spent in different locations. I hope this isn't obnoxious. I wonder where we'll be next year.

3 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

The house looks great! Mikey did a good job. Can I just tell you I could pinch every single one of Madeleine's back rolls one by one. Too bad they no longer exist!

Jay LeGrand said...

This was fun to see! We sure love our little Reynolds family. -mom

tlittle said...

Wow! Cool trip down memory lane! The new house looks neat. Do you have more pictures to post? Henry is looking different to. Can he fit in one of those FedEx boxes with a Kalamazoo label stuck to it?