Monday, November 24, 2008

The Musical Weekend















Mike's students performed "Schoolhouse Rock" at the beginning of November. I meant to blog about it sooner, but we're just always crazy around here. The opening night of the play, I covered a shift at the grocery store for one of the cast members so that they wouldn't have to miss. While I was there, Anna fell off of a chair at the babysitter's and broke her arm. Who knew tea parties were so dangerous? My friend who was babysitting didn't realize she was that hurt. Anna's such a sweetheart, she doesn't always show her true emotions. She stayed up all night crying and saying "hurt." Once I figured out what was hurting, we spent the next day at the local clinic and the hospital getting x-rays and a cast, so we didn't make it to the second night of the play as planned.


















I had told another cast member that I would work for them on Saturday, but due to Anna's broken arm, I was able to get someone else to work that night and I got the chance to take the kids to the musical.

It was a great show! The kids performing were obviously having a great time with their singing and dancing. They're a bunch of characters. Madeleine's favorite part was when the "scary bear" came out, which due to budget constraints was really the school's badger mascot costume. She kept asking when the bear would come out again. My favorite part was the "Adjectives" song because I remember it from my childhood and the girls that sang it were funny and animated. Anna's favorite part was running out into the hall and flirting with Elvis. Henry's favorite part was taking a nap, which was nice for me because the girls kept me really busy.




















These girls really love their daddy and are very proud of him. After it was all over and cleaned up, we stopped by the cast party and dropped of some Snickers Apple Salad. I give this year's musical 2 thumbs up. It was really fun, the voices were great, and it was the perfect length of time for a crazy mother of 3 really young kids to survive.

No comments: